Muscle testing is a biofeedback process which accesses the body’s innate intelligence through the physical exam. It uses changes in muscle tone to indicate physiological, anatomical, and emotional stress related to the bodies systems.
It’s a positive interaction between practitioner and client , it is a very dynamic process using alignment, motion and touch which are based on a culmination of different healing backgrounds.
It builds on the Nutritional Therapy Association’s paradigm that the foundational homeostatic systems are the body’s primary factors in regulating health. The Art of Muscle Testing is to support the clinician in balancing those foundational systems to restore the function of the body. The system prioritises which of the foundational systems (digestion, blood sugar regulation, mineral balance, hydration, fatty acids, diet, etc.) are out of balance and what is required to return order and optimal health.
The advanced skills;
1. Learn how to effectively prioritise by foundation, physiological systems, and individual organs.
2. Identify the interactions between the organs in digestion, blood sugar regulation, or the endocrine system.
3. Improve our skill at creating the right nutritional protocol to return true balance to our system.
a. Determine the appropriate support and supplementation that maybe needed.
b. Accurately assess dosage for any supplemental support required.
4. Perform advanced safe palpations for assessment, including the Chapman Reflexes and organs.
5. Proficiently assess digestion and blood sugar regulation and to prioritise the organs to achieve balance.
6. Determine the appropriate protocol when working with “leaky gut,” food sensitivities, detoxification, and immune issues.
7. Enhance the function of stressed organs with the use of essential oils.
This amazing system was created by John Tjenos, John is a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner (NTP) and Lead Nutritional Therapy Instructor. His extensive bodywork and nutrition background led him to create this highly effective system for teaching practitioners how to develop the art of muscle testing. His teachers and his training include the Functional Evaluation, Autonomic Response Testing, Visceral Manipulation, Functional Neurology and, at the centre of it all, Aston Patterning.